Fashion Lover Interview: Kathleen Murillo

By | 5:58 AM Leave a Comment
Fashion Blogger from San Francisco, Kathleen Murillo is a certified fashion lover and a fashion inspiration to many. She is to us and we definitely LOVE the concept of her blog. Another blogger with a purpose to inspire. You can see it through her blog title Inspirafashion! Let's hear her fashion story through this interview
                                                                                 ...

Kathleen Murillo

image

1. Please tell us a bit of your personal fashion story. 

-I started my personal style blog, Inspirafashion, about three years ago.  I found out about Chictopia.com and how there was a community supporting each other in fashion blogging.  I thought it was so appealing and fun to post personal style outfits, that I joined.  Soon enough from there, I started my own fashion blog.

2.We really love the concept of your blog, did you have any doubt before you started it? And how is it today? How do you manage your blog now?

-I never had any doubt, I just thought of it as a fun hobby in the beginning and really just had fun taking blog photos and posting about my outfits.  I came up with the concept, Inspirafashion = Inspiration + Fashion, because I believe everything created in fashion, starts out with being inspired by something around you.  I didn't know how much great feedback my blog would receive.  I'm so grateful and happy for all my readers and their continued support on my blog.  Today, I've worked with many brands to inspire through fashion with collaborative campaigns.  I manage my blog now with a trusty secret weapon -- an online google calendar, where I plan out what posts will go live for each month.


image

3.What do you think are the pros and cons of owning a fashion blog?

-Pros, definitely are the amazing wide support from readers and followers; also of course the fashion events, travel, and perks of fashion freebies.  Cons, I would say is to really have a knack for time management, it can be time consuming, but if you're able to stay organized, its very doable!

image

4.Can you share your worst memory in connection to fashion?

-Worst memory would be maybe back in middle school, I remember there were some bullies and they would make fun of me for what I wore.  I felt horrible about it.  But you know what, you grow out of that stage and when you get older, you realize how stupid it all was and those opinions never mattered.  Wear what you are comfortable in, and the best part -- your confidence will shine.

image

image

5.What are your favorite brands in your country?

-If I could splurge, it would be Isabel Marant and Alexander Wang.  But, if I'm on a budget, I really hands down love anything from Zara.

6.Fashion Blogging may have opened a lot of doors for your career, what is the best door that you entered? :)

-I think the best door that was opened because of my fashion blog was my experience with Saks Fifth Avenue.  During Fashion's Night Out in 2012, never in my dreams would I have imagined mannequins would be displayed in their store in Union Square and styled by me, for the world to see.  It was really a dream come true to see that, in addition they had my blog name displayed too! 

image

7.Do you have any fiction character fashion inspiration? If so, who? 

-Jo, from Funny Face (Audrey Hepburn's character) would be just that.  Her outfits and style are so inspirational and classic in that movie.

8.Share us your blog advice to young fashion bloggers. :)

-Do fashion blogging because you ultimately love what you do, not for the numbers, statistics, fame.  If you are passionate about what you do and are genuine about it -- all of that will naturally follow.  Be you, love what you do, and have fun with it!


image

9.Last question, how would you spend $10,000 if you found it in a treasure box in your basement? 

-Oh man -- honestly I would say I'd put it away into my savings account.  BUT, if I had to spend it all right then and there, I would book a long vacation with my significant other to travel all over Europe, particularly Paris and Italy would be a dream.

                                                                               ...

We agree with Kathleen, travelling is also our first choice if we have a crapload of money like that! :D Thanks to Kathleen we're more inspired to continue this blog and to share your stories.

We know how you loved this interview and how engaging it is, and we also know how much you fell in love with Kathleen. So what are you doing? Follow here through here

Instagram: @KathleenCarla
Twitter: @KathleenCarla
Facebook: InspiraFashion

<3

Make us smile and let us know how much you love this interview! Comment below so we can know your thoughts.

Til our next interview!

Xo,

P.S. She Loves Fashion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment