P.S. She Love Make-Ups: Sian Bakke

By | 10:36 PM Leave a Comment
Sian is such an inspiration to us beauty lovers. Not only is she a hardworker but she's a really talented gal! Let's hear her beauty story...

Originally I started my blog as a support or online sketchbook when I was enrolled on Artistic Makeup Design and Special Effects course at a University in England. As part of the course we had to keep journals and as a poor student I couldn't afford to keep replacing ink cartridges so I created the first Makeup Honey blog on Tumblr as a means of keeping track of inspiring images and sharing my own work. 
However my love of makeup started way before my first attempts at blogging. Before studying makeup artistry and moving to Norway, I studied at the Cumbria Institute of the Arts and gained a degree in Fine Art. During my time there my love for makeup was ignited. I was interested in body paint and began experimenting, using my background in Fine Art as a strong influencing factor into my makeup work. Once I left the UK I headed to Norway, to Stavanger which was the European Capitol of Culture at the time. There I worked nights in bars and restaurants and the days as an artist, painting and creating.
I didn't see my work as a body painter and makeup as separate from the art world. I saw the makeup and body painting as art and worked as I had been trained, making sketches, journals, collecting inspirational images, producing trial runs and test pieces before the actual final product and photoshoot. At this point makeup and bodypainting was really just a hobby which I worked on alongside my sculptures and drawings. If I am completely honest, I fell in to makeup as a career by mistake. Being a poor atist working in bars meant I met a lot of other poor artists, some of which were photographers. After doing some test shoots for a photographer friend, I started to get phonecalls asking me to do makeup and body paint for other photographers. 

When the requests for my makeup work started to become regular it was then I decided that I should throw myself into the world of glitter and gloss with full force. I packed up and moved back to the UK and enrolled in an artistic makeup design and special effects course. Since then I have worked as a freelance makeup artist in the UK and Norway, I have had my work published in a number of fashion and photography magazines such as Visuelle Magazine, Flawless Fashion Magazine and Photography Monthly. I produced PR work for shopping malls in Leciester and London, worked on films and music videos, produced looks for shopping websites and more recently I have been working as a product tester and supplying independent brands with photographs, looks and swatches of their products. I have also been represented by Light House Fashion Agency, worked for Toolbox Marketing before deciding to strike out on my own as a freelance artist.
Now I am established as a makeup artist I can spend my free time working on my blog and enjoying makeup as both a hobby and a job. After a long day making a Bride and her Bridal party feel beautiful I come home and unwind by blogging about the day, showing before and after pictures or simply reviewing one of the many, many beauty products I own.

I aim to give honest and fair product reviews, based on my own personal and professional opinions of products. I also love to discover new products and new brands so I would hope that readers come to me to also discover new brands and to recieve only honest opinions on products. If I find a flaw in a product I am not afraid to speak my mind and will always give products a fair chance to prove themselves. I also have the advantage of being a British girl living in Norway which means I have access to twice the amount of drugstore brands as a UK beauty blogger. I can also use my Norwegian language skills to bring Scandinvian brands to the attention of English speaking readers.  
Ontop of being a qualified MUA I am also an OPI certified Nail Technician, qualified to work with lash extensions, air brushing and spray tanning. Many skills have been accumulated by doing short courses, beauty events and product testing. I try to learn as many new skills as possible and try to keep as up to date with the seasons trends as possible. 

...
We love that Sian loves learning a lot and taking short courses to know more about what she's passionate in. We salute you for all your hardwork and learning experiences. We're inspired by your story.

Make us smile and let us hear your thoughts about our beauty story for today! Comment below. 

Oh, and don't forget to follow her on her

 - Twitter The Makeup Honey 
 - Facebook The Makeup Honey

Til our next beauty story!

Xo,
She love Makeups!

0 comments:

Post a Comment