Fashion Lover Interview: Camille Sioco

By | 9:52 PM Leave a Comment
"Lovely... Never, ever change. Keep that breathless charm..."

These are the thoughts that popped in our minds while interviewing Camille Sioco. This gal is undeniably charming and sweet.

Today's fashion lover is from Australia! We're loving her blog even before we started this website. Let us share her fashion story and see how awesome she is. 
...

image

1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?

-I used to be fond of wearing frilly skirts. They elongate my legs and make me appear taller than I really am and I had plenty in my closet. A friend had nicknamed me "Frillyskirts" and it stuck.

2. What is your fondest memory that is fashion related?

-I'm not one to get star struck by celebrities but when I saw Margaret Zhang from Shine by Three at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and she knew of me, I was overwhelmed, squealed inside and felt like I had accomplished something with my blog. I know it may sound silly but for a small blog like mine and for a huge fashion blogging personality to have recognised me was huge.

image

3. How would you describe your personal style?

-I have a very feminine, dainty and chic look. I'm conservative with my style and how I approach fashion in general. In fashion, before I walk out the door, I ask myself 2 questions:
1. What would I think in 5 years time when I see a photo of this outfit?
2. What would my parents, child/children think when they see a photo of this outfit?

4. What were you doing before you got into blogging?

-Lazing around at home watching lots of TV series and movie marathons, doing nail art, listening to a lot of Backstreet Boys and K-Pop and being the subject for Ramon's photography practice. I had a very reserved and somewhat boring lifestyle and finally found a hobby that makes me happy.

image

5. How long have you been blogging?

-4 years, (wow, time flies by so quickly!) I have met so many wonderful people and have found such a lovely support group. I feel so blessed and I am so thankful for all the opportunities I've been offered.



6. What do you think are the perks of being a fashion blogger?

-The perks would definitely be discovering and being introduced to new brands and stores and meeting new people. I have met so many amazing people throughout the years and the support I have experienced is so humbling. 

image

7. What's the best thing in being a fashion blogger?

-The best thing would be the people you meet. In the news, you see all these stories about how cut-throat and judgemental the fashion industry is hence why for the first couple of years of people calling my blog a "fashion blog" I would be defensive for the fear that I would have negative criticism thrown my way. I have met the kindest people and developed new friendships through the fashion blogging network. Everyone is so kind, friendly, welcoming and very honest.

8. Your worst experience in fashion?

-As a blogger, I am always scared of getting bad feedback, haters and negative criticism. Luckily, I haven't had to experience any of this (yet) apart from one time where I was personally attacked by an ex-colleague of mine for not being such a great workmate while we were working together. I would say my worst experience would be my nerved when it comes to location shooting. I don't have the confidence to "strut my stuff" in public and with people watching. I am working on gaining more confidence and hopefully you'll start to see more outfit posts with a busy city background instead of deserted car parks and business parks.


9.What are the best advices, tips for fashion lovers?

-I don't know if I would constitute myself as being a fashion and style blogger who is worthy of giving advice yet since I'm still a "newbie" but I would suggest:
1. Stick to a style you are comfortable with
2. Don't always jump on the trend bandwagon
3. Try to incorporate yourself when choosing your outfit. For myself, this means always wearing my promise and engagement rings, my crucifix and my bracelet of 11 years regardless of if it would suit my outfit or not. The symbolism of these 4 items will always prosper over what it looks like.
4. Ask yourself the following questions:
1. What would I think in 5 years time when I see a photo of this outfit?
2. What would my parents, child/children think when they see a photo of this outfit?
5. Learn to shop your closet
6. Invest in items of clothing and colours that will not date



10. Lastly, for bloggers and those who are thinking of starting a blog?

-I say go for it! I have always wanted to have a blog regardless of what I would be blogging about. My blog initially started off as a personal blog where I would post my nail art, what I did that weekend and random things that went on in my life and never expected my blog to be more fashion related. I never knew I had a hidden passion for fashion as I used to be a jeans and tshirt girl but evolved as I got older. I had always admired people who were able to have a personal blog/online journal and were able to keep it consistently updated and wanted something I can look back on as an archive. It's so easy to start a blog now with Blogger, Wordpress and Tumblr. I think everyone should have one!

                                                                        ...

There really are different kinds of people in the world, Camille is one of the humble and hardworking ones. And we love that about her! She's definitely one of the best bloggers that we've interviewed so far. Love!

We know you enjoyed reading her story/interview so you better head on to her blog to read more!
Follow her through her

Twitter: @frillyskirts
Instagram: @frillyskirts

Be sure to support her by following her, and follow us as well on Twitter and Facebook!

Lots of love! Til our next interview...

P.S. She Loves Fashion

0 comments:

Post a Comment