P.S. She's a Fashion Lover - Courtney Dunsmore

By | 9:56 PM Leave a Comment
We all have our own fashion stories. From childhood up to our teenage days, it contributed to our love for fashion. Today's fashion story is from Courtney Dunsmore who is the blogger from As we Stumble Along. Let's sit back relax and listen to her personal fashion story...
...



My fashion story

         As a kid,it wasn't that bad. My mother dressed me in cute enough outfits-I had a sort of fro at the time,blue eyes-with my OshKoshBgosh overalls,I had a half decent fashion style-that is,until I started picking out my own clothes. 

Looking back at old pictures from middle school, I just kind of cringe-but the worst style makes the best makeover,right? Once I got into high school, after the initial freshman attempt at trying to be impressive, I fell into a sad lazy habit of simply wearing t-shirts and jeans-it was really quite pathetic. My older sister Kelly always had a very girly style, always dressing up and wearing dresses, etc. 

One day my mother remarked to me about how it would be nice if I dressed up once in a while too, and put real effort in it. I, being indignant and stubborn, was determined to prove her wrong-so I started dressing up ALL THE TIME. This made me different, and stand out certainly. People started to gain interest in what I was wearing regularly, and my confidence grew largely(I was extremely insecure and depressed at the time). After being obsessed with fashion blogs for the longest time, I just had a moment of "Hey,why the heck not", and went for it-made my blog. 

I find inspiration everywhere-fellow bloggers, art pieces, movies, people on the street, nature-everything-I love finding ways to put different things together, and there's never a day when I look in my closet and think I have nothing to wear-I simply remix some of my pieces a different way I never have before. And that's been one of the best things for me- my blog is one of the things that really excites me-for a while,I was always bummed about not having something to really live my life fully for-some people had singing, some people-academics. I thought I was simply drifting through life without a real purpose. 

And now,I've certainly found mine (: I find inspiration everywhere,and there's not much more satisfying than finding the perfect outfit and getting just great photos for a post, I love it (: And the comments I get, about how people truly enjoy it, and that they admire what I'm doing, is the best part (:

We honestly enjoy her fashion story. We believe that when people notice what you do, it's the best part because your efforts are worth it. Great job Courtney!

Want more of Courtney Dunsmore's stories? Follow her 
blog here!

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook too! <3

Tell us how much you love Courtney's story in our comment box below!

*Want your fashion story to be heard as well? Get in touch with us to know more and contribute!

Xo,
Fashion Lovers

P.S. She Loves Fashion

0 comments:

Post a Comment