P.S. She's a Fashion Lover - Hannah Last

By | 10:57 PM Leave a Comment

Our fashion story for this day is from Hannah Last. It's a pleasure working with amazing and talented fashion lovers from the UK and all over the world!  Let's hear her voice as she tells us how fashion played a big role in her life...

...

A JOURNEY INTO THE FASHION UNKNOWN... 
BY HANNAH LAST

Can you remember your earliest fashion memory? Is it an image of your mother trying on a little black dress for an important party or perhaps walking past the Chanel beauty counter in Selfridges on a busy Saturday afternoon? Well, considering I am a blogger (and a huge lover of fashion) it would surprise you to know that I actually don’t have a specific fashion memory. Not a single one. Here is my fashion story, by me…Hannah Last.

I was always a well dressed little girl, (my mum made sure of that!) and I took great pleasure in choosing my clothes and shopping for my younger sisters who still have no sense of style! It wasn’t until the age of 13 that I discovered my passion for art and design, in particularly – womenswear. I would sketch out designs in tiny paper books, buried deep under my bed so no prying eyes could see them, and began scouring over images in magazines of the supermodels of the 90’s and their great beauty and eccentric sense of style. Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Kate Moss… I was intrigued by this world of high end fashion and the power of the catwalk and celebrity culture, sparking me to start designing with specific women in mind. One day I might design a cute cocktail dress intended for Victoria Beckham, the next a stunning red carpet gown for Angelina Jolie. To better myself I began buying design books, designer autobiographies, fashion magazines such as Elle and Vogue and most importantly began to understand the chaotic yet exhilarating rotation of the biannual fashion weeks in New York , London , Milan and
Paris .

I knew I wanted to become a fashion designer. Well, that was until I enrolled on a Fashion Design course at world renowned Central Saint Martins, after begging my parents to pay the rather large course fund. Let me tell you, I went in there like the cat who had got the cream – confident, excited, rather too full of myself, and finished the course quite the opposite – very humbled and lost. Lost in my future. You see, the course was amazing, I learnt so much about myself, but there were many people there who were better than me and what’s more, they wanted their dream more. Maybe I wasn’t supposed to become a designer. Perhaps I just wasn’t the next Alexander McQueen.

That was when I was 16 years old. 2 years on from that ‘career changing’ fashion experience I have grown more and more in love with this billion dollar industry and tried my hand at visual merchandising, styling, editing, fashion illustration and my true passion which I hope to pursue an everlasting career in… Fashion Journalism. Yes, quite different to the creative world of design, yet I found it was something new, something I was quite good at and most importantly, something I genuinely loved! The world of journalism and blogging I feel is just beginning, with more and more people creating blogs and starting online business that require the written word to be eloquently presented. From styling tips, catwalk trends, latest fashion news and red carpet style, I started writing about everything and here I am NOW! Enjoying my life as an aspiring journalist and hard working fashion lover, ready for anything.
So there you have it, my fashion story. If anything I want my short story to inspire. Life is full of so many twists and turns that it’s impossible to predict where your life will take you, I mean, my 13 year old self would be shocked to see how different my fashion path is now compared to my past dreams. But that’s life, and that’s fashion. We all have to begin somewhere….

...

image
...

Hannah's story is truly inspiring. It should be a reminder for all of us to just follow where our dreams would take us. You are undeniably inspiring and we can't wait for your next article. Bravo! <3

Make us smile and tell us how you like her story!

Just a minute! Love her article? You should follow her through

Blog: Fashion Box
Twitter: @Fashion_01_
Instagram: thefashionbox01
...

Xo,
Fashion Lovers

0 comments:

Post a Comment